Resignation of Vice Principal Maryanne Pidcock

It is with much sadness that we announce the resignation of our highly valued colleague and friend, Maryanne Pidcock.

After four years in the ever-demanding Vice Principal role, Maryanne will leave Sancta (and Sydney) for new adventures at the end of June.

The Sancta community is sad to lose her! Maryanne’s contribution to Sancta extends back to her days as student here in the 1980’s. Maryanne has been an exemplar of the Sancta values, is passionate about the College and has worked tirelessly to support countless students become “the best version of themselves”

We are also grappling with the prospect of no longer seeing her husband Pete who has invested much time, wisdom and energy into Sancta over the years. Of course, we can’t fail to mention Maryanne’s other partner in life – her beautiful and much adored dog Merlot. Merlot has graced Sancta with her loving presence and has well earned a peaceful retirement from public life!

While Maryanne is irreplaceable, we will be moving to recruit a new Vice Principal. For more information about the role and recruitment process, please click here.

On my first day of work with Sancta, I sat in on and observed an interview Maryanne was conducting with a prospective student. Maryanne explained to the student “we want to help you be the best version of yourself”. At the time I thought it was a nice line to use. I now know this is not just a ‘line’ with Maryanne – she regards this as her job, as her vocation. She offers endless support to students, but she also challenges students. Maryanne will refer back to the hopes, ambitions and goals students express when they arrive, and challenge them keep working towards them. Maryanne honestly wants the best for people, and this generosity is not just directed to students and alumni. As a colleague, Maryanne is warm, generous, intelligent and insightful. It is not possible to overestimate her impact on the whole Sancta Community. Maryanne is as compassionate as she is passionate; she is open, honest and straight-talking. She is also extremely funny. I will miss her.  

I approached a handful of students to see if they wanted to comment on Maryanne in this announcement. That they responded immediately did not surprise me…

…I have had the privilege of working closely with Maryanne through leadership positions at Sancta and she is one of the most dedicated, supportive, and compassionate individuals I have ever come across. She is what has made Sancta so special for me and is a true inspiration. She has had an immense impact on me and all the students at Sancta, and I wish her every happiness in the future.

Louisa Sondergeld

…During Maryanne’s time at Sancta, I have seen her outstanding dedication and integrity in supporting, developing and enriching our community. She always takes time to connect with each student and works tirelessly to facilitate everyone’s personal growth and wellbeing at Sancta. I have also had the privilege of working alongside Maryanne through various leadership roles and she is the most supportive and compassionate mentor I have encountered: she inspires me to reach my potential and wholeheartedly serve others in our community. Maryanne has enriched my life immeasurably and I wish her every happiness in her future endeavours.

Amelia Merz

…Maryanne is a wise, caring and genuinely scary person (when she wants to be). She has brought so much to sancta, including her atrocious blonde wig, killer dance moves, “HUNGER!!!,” and of course Merlot. Maryanne’s enormous heart and generosity has made Sancta a supportive and nurturing environment, and her extraordinary presence and pure love of Sancta has only enhanced the wonderful sense of home I have been lucky enough to experience for the past 3 years. She will be dearly missed around college, and should feel confident in the fact that she has left Sancta better than she found it, and that her impact on Sancta will be hard to forget.

Jess Ingold

I know (because she has told me) that Sancta will always remain a special place for Maryanne. During her remaining time at Sancta we will work to ensure she knows how extraordinarily important she will always be to Sancta!                                                                                                               

Fiona Hastings

Principal