Sancta Sophia College Scholarships and Bursaries
The College offers a range of scholarships and bursaries each year to new and returning students to extend the rich academic, cultural and social benefits of Sancta life to those of significant talent and to others who might not have the opportunity attend the College:
- Academic Scholarships are awarded to students who are academically gifted, with consideration being given to need. All academic scholarships are awarded for one year in the first instance and are renewed subject to academic progress.
- Bursaries are awarded for students who seek financial assistance towards College fees.
- Music and sporting scholarships are awarded for students who have outstanding music or sporting talents.
- Leadership scholarships are also awarded to returning students who are offered one of the following positions as a House Committee Executive or Resident Assistant.
Applications are made online. For information about scholarships or the application process contact:
Registrar and College Secretary
T + 61 2 9577 2100
Scholarship criteria include one or more of the following:
- Academic merit – school or university results
- Financial need
- Capacity to contribute to the community life of the College (academic, cultural, liturgical, social justice, sporting)
- Leadership experiences and skills
We are grateful to the individuals who established and provide ongoing support to the Sancta scholarship and bursary program, without this generous support, Sancta’s scholarship program would not be possible.
Scholarships are paid on a semester basis towards students’ accommodation costs. Candidates for all scholarships must complete the procedures for entrance into College, should complete the separate online Sancta Sophia College Scholarship application form and submit supporting documentation as appropriate such as Tax Notice of Assessment for financial status.
If you apply for one scholarship or bursary, your application will be considered for all the others ie: if you applied for the Foundation Scholarship, your application will be considered for an Entrance Scholarship if unsuccessful in the first.
Scholarships are allocated at the beginning of the academic year. The College reserves the right to split a scholarship between two or more candidates and to make no offers if there are no appropriate candidates in particular contexts.
Annual prize awards are given to students in recognition of academic achievement in the previous year.
External scholarships and bursaries
University of Sydney Scholarships
The University of Sydney offers an extensive scholarship program. Many College residents apply for and are awarded grants based on outstanding ability, overseas study, Indigenous student programs, remote living access, faculty specific programs and many other federal and state awards. You are invited to visit the University of Sydney website for further details.
The Scholarships Unit,
Ground Floor, Mackie Building (K01)
The University of Sydney
T: 02 9351 2717
F: 02 9351 5134
Alternatively phone the Help Line on 1300 362 006.
University of Sydney
Information on scholarships available to international students is available on the University of Sydney website.
University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
Information on scholarships and financial assistance for UTS students is available on the University of Technology’s website.
Australian Catholic University
Information on scholarships for students at the Australian Catholic University may be found on the Australian Catholic University website.
The University of Notre Dame
Information on scholarships and financial assistance for Notre Dame students is available on the University of Notre Dame’s website.