Residential fees are set to enable the College to operate at a standard that our residents expect and deserve.
College fees support the wide range of activities and facilities that residents enjoy at Sancta. As a not for profit institution, any remaining funds contribute to the upkeep of Sancta’s heritage buildings and grounds, the development and maintenance of student support programs and cover staffing costs. Our conferencing business is also an important income stream which allows Sancta to keep fees at a reasonable level.
See a full schedule of fees for 2017: Walk In Wisdom 2017 Fees Schedule
Undergraduate Student Fees 2017
For undergraduates, the College has a fee structure of 38 weeks per year, which matches the main University of Sydney academic year. By comparison, commercial student accommodation providers and private rental arrangements generally oblige students to sign 52 week contracts. Many students share a room (with just one other student), this enables an easy transition into the College and university life and builds significant and enduring friendships. This is also a cost effective option, ensuring the College remains accessible to a diverse community.
Undergraduate fees apply for 38 weeks:
- Single room with shared bathroom: $547.00 per week.
- Shared room with shared bathroom: $470 per student per week.
Postgraduate Student Fees 2017
The structure for residents on Graduate House recognises the longer study programs of most courses at this level and the requirement for attendance beyond the general undergraduate expectations. The extended terms ensure a stable living environment to support the academic rigours of postgraduate residents.
Postgraduate fees apply for 40 or 46 weeks:
- Graduate ensuite room: 46 weeks – $571 per week, 40 weeks – $591 per week
- Graduate and accessible room with kitchenette: price on application.
There are additional charges depending on whether a student is commencing or continuing. See fees for 2017 here
Additional information can be found in forms and documents.
If you are comparing costs with some self catering options, remember to consider not just the cost of food, but the time for shopping and washing up. There may also be the additional costs of electricity, internet plus cleaning. All this is included in your fees at Sancta giving you maximum time to concentrate on your important studies..
All fees include:
- A furnished room
- Internet and wi-fi
- Academic and pastoral support
- All meals per week
- Full use of all College facilities
- A range of support and recreational programs encompassing academic, social, cultural, sporting, leadership, spiritual, personal and professional development initiatives
- Various College functions
- Resources such as newspapers, journals and magazines
- Cable television in several common areas
- Partnerships with University of Sydney (see below)
In partnership with the University of Sydney, College fees also include:
- Membership of Sydney Uni Sports and Fitness (SUSF), offering you access to excellent University facilities and generous insurance cover while playing Intercollegiate sport. Please note: this is not a gym membership.
- Membership of the University of Sydney Union (USU) which offers unique benefits to member and allows access to all University clubs and societies.
There are opportunities for financial assistance through scholarships and work is available for some students in the Sancta kitchen.
The security fee covers the cost of any damage to your bedroom, furnishings or fittings. Residents can request the refund of some of the security fee at the end of their stay, provided there is no damage, the room is left in good condition, keys are returned and there are no outstanding fees. $100 is retained for lifetime membership of the Alumni Association and $400 is allocated to the College Building Fund to support the maintenance and improvement of our facilities.
Paying College Fees
College fees are payable by credit card, electronic funds transfer or cheque. A payment program is also available. Fees must be paid before the commencement of each semester. To view student accounts and pay accounts online please access the Sancta Portal.Back to top