Sancta offers an Associates Program for non-residents.
Sancta’s Associate members live outside the College, either at home or in alternative accommodation. The Associates program allows members to still call Sancta ‘home’ during their days at university and benefit from many aspects of Sancta’s rich College life.
A Sancta Associate can share in meals, access the College tutorial and mentoring program, use the common areas for study and importantly develop a wide, supportive social circle and build professional connections with the Sancta alumni network. Apply here.
Benefits of the Associates Program:
- Opportunity to be a part of the safe, supportive Sancta student community
- Participation in the Orientation Week Program (includes all accommodation and activities) (First Year Associates only)
- Attendance at Formal Dinners – held on Monday evenings, featuring regular guest speakers
- Attendance at other special Dinners
- 10 meal vouchers per semester so you can enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner in the Dining Hall
- Opportunity to purchase additional meal vouchers for the Dining Hall at reduced rate
- Participation in the tutorial program
- Participation in the academic mentoring program
- Pastoral care and academic support
- Opportunity to participate in all student events in the main College calendar
- Opportunity to participate in social events in the Sancta student calendar (extra charges may apply)
- Opportunity to participate in social sport and cultural Activities
- Access to Sancta’s library, music practice room and common areas – perfect for studying or long breaks between classes (printing at cost)
- Access to the College internet and wifi
- Provision of a locker
- Option of staying the night with a friend on occasion at the cost of $15/night for a roll-away bed (must be approved by VP beforehand and permission is limited to one night per request)
- Paid membership of University of Sydney Union and Sydney University Sport and Fitness (note this is not a gym membership)
- Lifetime membership of the College Alumni Association: eligible after a full year as a College Associate
Applications for the Associates Program are accepted throughout the year. Apply here.
Associates Fees 2018
- General application fee: $150, enrolment fee on acceptance of offer: $450
- First Year Associates (Freshers) – including in house accommodation for O Week – $6254.50 per academic year (39 weeks)
- Non First Year Associates – $5405.50 per academic per year (38 weeks)
- Young alumni Associates – $4324.40 per academic year (38 weeks) (application and acceptance of offer fees do not apply) – young alumni should apply here by emailing the Registrar
Should Associates take up a residential place at the College, the application and enrolment fees will be carried across.
Residents of other University of Sydney Residential Colleges are not eligible to apply for this program.