Sancta Sophia College has been a home away from home for female undergraduate students in Sydney for over 90 years. In 2021, we invite year 11 and 12 female students to join us for the 3rd Annual Sancta Sleepover.
Come and see what it’s like to live at College as an undergraduate student in the heart of Sydney’s university precinct.
On the same weekend as the University of Sydney and Sancta Open Day, year 11 and 12 women have the chance to sleepover at Sancta. The Sancta Sleepover is in its third year and provides young women considering Sancta the opportunity to meet other likeminded individuals. Attendees have the opportunity to experience life at College first-hand, and can partake in guided tours of their universities and faculties of interest with our student ambassadors.
10:00 AM, Saturday 28 August 2021
to 10:00 AM Sunday 29 August 2021
At our 2018 and 2019 Sancta Sleepovers, we were privileged to host over 40 students from 15 different schools, including:
All Hallows’ School
All Saints’ College St Mary’s
Burwood Girls High School
Calderwood Christian School
Calrossy Anglican School
Kincumber High School
Kinross Wolaroi School
Merewether High School
Springwood High School
Terrigal High School
Woolooware High School
This year, we look forward to being joined by even more future undergraduates from across Australia.
Careers advisers and students are encouraged to reserve spaces at our 2021 Sancta Sleepover as soon as possible.
Socialise and dine with current Sancta undergraduate students
The Dining Hall is a place where friendships are made, and culture is strengthened. Our Student Ambassadors will join you for all your meals while you are at Sancta.
Enjoy a Meet & Greet High Tea with Sancta staff and students
After your tour of campus, join Principal Fiona Hastings and Sancta students for high tea followed by a discussion on ‘Choosing Courses and College Life’.
Visit university open days across Sydney with Sancta tour guides
The Sancta Sleepover coincides with the open days of The University of Sydney, University of Technology Sydney, and Notre Dame Sydney. Our team of Student Ambassadors will be running guided tours of campus to show you around your future university.
Meet other students from across Australia who are coming to Sancta
Enjoy a movie night and entertainment organised by current Sancta undergraduate residents
A fun evening of activities have been planned just for you. Join our Student Ambassadors after dinner to get involved.
The Sancta Sleepover is a lot of fun! But don’t just take our word for it.
“I came away feeling accepted as part of something bigger than all of us, and very optimistic that Sancta could be a very influential part of my future life.” – Eloise, Year 12 Student, 2019
“My daughter felt accepted and treated as an adult. She now feels she could be a part of something special at Sancta.” – Jennifer, Parent of Year 12 Student, 2019
“I don’t have a favourite part, it was all amazing. Thank you to the girls running the sleepover, the Sancta girls who supervised, all the staff – it was absolutely amazing” – Year 12 Student, 2019
“I enjoyed meeting older students and also other peers who are interested in attending Sancta. I think the whole sleepover experience provided an excellent insight into what living at Sancta will be like.” – Year 12 Student, 2019
“Sancta is a caring environment coupled with a wonderful experience. The young ladies who are already at College were fantastic mentors.” – Rebecca, Parent of Year 12 Student, 2019
To register, please complete this form with your parent/guardian.
Following registration, a staff member will contact students and their parent/guardian via email to confirm their registration.
Important things to know:
- It is free to join the Sancta Sleepover.
- All meals are provided during your stay.
- A strict no alcohol policy applies to this event.
- Drop off is at 10:00 AM on Saturday 28 August 2021 and pick-up is before 12:00 PM on Sunday 29 August (unless otherwise arranged).
- What to bring:
- Sleeping bag (pillows and linen are provided)
- Any required medication etc
- The College Principal and Vice Principal (who both live onsite at Sancta) will be present throughout the entire weekend event.
- The Office of Community Engagement overseas the Sancta Sleepover and will be present throughout all activities on Saturday 28 August until the evening.
- Sleepover student leaders will be present throughout the entire weekend event and will directly accompany students until lights out.
- The on-duty Resident Assistant will monitor the area of the College where sleepover guests will be staying, and ensure all are present and safe throughout the evening.
- Important contact details will be provided to students and parents/guardians prior to event commencement.
- Parents/guardians understand that Sancta staff and resident supervisors of this event will do everything they can to support their daughter throughout this event and to ensure her safety and wellbeing. Sancta does not take responsibility for the provision of support for additional needs (eg. administering medication or supporting personal care needs).
- Sancta does not take responsibility for the transportation of any of the event attendees. The school or parent/carer must take whole responsibility for transportation.