Sancta has a harmonious blend of students from diverse backgrounds. Students come from all corners of the state, country and world.
Sancta has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. We are a co-educational College with around 170 undergraduate women and 128 postgraduate men and women. Our residents come from across Australia, interstate and internationally and they gel together for a close, supportive community.
As well as focussing on academic success, Sancta presents undergraduate residents with great opportunities to become involved in the social, cultural and sporting events that are run by the Student House Committee.
Organised social and extra curricular activities on offer at Sancta include:
- A Formal and Informal each year
- Year group parties
- Intercollege sporting competitions for women (Rosebowl Cup): netball, rowing, swimming, diving, soccer, hockey, tennis, softball, basketball, athletics
- Intercollege cultural competitions (Palladian Cup): solo vocal, instruments, debating, oration, drama, dance
- Intramural sporting and cultural events
- Other activities that develop as a result of student interest throughout the year
Many events include the postgraduate residents as well, who might also provide academic mentorship and assistance.
Our convenient location places our students just minutes from 3 different universities, shopping centres, the city, King Street in Newtown, medical services and good public transport.
The Student House Committee provides opportunities for undergraduate students to become involved in the social, intellectual, sporting, cultural, liturgical, community and leadership events.
The House Committee is responsible for planning all the undergraduate student activities and for liaising with other colleges. House Committee manages the business of the Student Club. The students on the committee are elected each year by all Sancta students to fulfill specific roles.
There are many opportunities to develop strong leadership skills through this committee and the various representative roles.