Our residents study at various universities in Sydney. Together, we are a vibrant group of scholars and professionals that study, research and teach in nearby university and healthcare settings.
Our visually breathtaking heritage building is for undergraduate women studying at universities across Sydney, and our newer Graduate House building is home to female and male postgraduate students, academics and staff of nearby hospitals. Together, our community members contribute to and benefit from our celebrated academic program which promotes achievement through mentoring, debate, inquiry and endeavour.
Knowledge-sharing within and across academic and professional disciplines takes place not only in our various study sessions and debates, but in daily life where individuals dine and socialise together. Maturity and respect for Sancta’s values are expected of all community members, many of whom are beneficiaries of generous donor support through bursaries and scholarships that make Sancta very accessible by Sydney cost-of-living standards.
Our story is unique in the context of Australian residential colleges – we are, and always have been, for the empowerment of young people through creating an environment rich in academic culture and real diversity.
Heritage (Main) Building
This visually breathtaking heritage building is for undergraduate women studying at universities across Sydney. They are from all over Australia and the world. Our tradition of being a home away from home for women from regional Australia remains strong today.
- 120 single rooms, 20 twin-share rooms, five ensuite rooms
- All-female undergraduate building
- Mostly share bathrooms, few ensuite rooms
- Students study at various institutions across Sydney: The University of Sydney, University of Technology Sydney, Notre Dame University, University of New South Wales and Australian Catholic University, fashion schools and more.
- Visitors allowed; no curfews
- Resident Assistants for every wing of every floor of the building (Senior residents paid to provide pastoral, security and social support to neighbouring residents)
- Principal and Vice Principal live onsite in the Heritage Building with their families
- CCTV throughout property
- Direct access to the grounds of The University of Sydney
- Strong relationships between Sancta’s undergraduate community and those of other nearby accommodation settings through various cultural and sporting competitions and social/networking events
Graduate House Building
Our Graduate House, the first of its kind in The University of Sydney Colleges’ history, was opened in 2014 to further diversify the Sancta community and is now home to over 100 postgraduate men and women who join us from across Australia and the globe.
- 128 private ensuite rooms
- Unisex building for postgraduate scholars, academics and medical professionals
- Mixture of Australian domestic students and international students
- Most study in Medicine & Health, Law, Science or are completing Masters degrees in a diverse range of faculties
- Medical professionals are often in their junior doctor years and choose Sancta due to its close proximity to major Sydney CBD hospitals
- A rooftop terrace provides sweeping views of the Sydney CBD skyline
- The culture is inclusive and mature, with a focus on respect and support for all