Our residents access three meals daily in our heritage Dining Hall – a place where friendships are made, and culture is strengthened.
- 3-week rotating menu that complements the weather, seasonality and Sancta’s sustainability and health mindset
- Daily Breakfast Bar from 7.30-9.30am, plus an extended Weekend Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays (7.30am – 11.00am)
- Daily Salad and Sandwich Bar available at Lunch and Dinner
- Lunch (12.00-2.00pm) and Dinner (5.30-7.15pm) include a meat and non-meat protein option, plus flexible sides such as salads, starch/carbohydrates, vegetables and dessert
- The diverse requirements with respect to taste preferences, beliefs and allergies/intolerances are considered at each meal
- Lunch and dinner services focus on one singular culinary theme at each service, such as Italian, Modern Australian, Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Mexican
- Students with specific needs can discuss these with Sancta’s food managers upon arrival at the College
Current menu (From Monday 12 October 2020)
Formal Dinner is held for all students every Monday evening. Formal Dinners are a highly valued tradition at the College. Sancta students come together in the Sheldon Dining Hall (or the Quadrangle Garden in summer) in academic dress for a special meal and a guest speaker, live music may also feature. It is an ideal occasion for all the sections of the College to gather together.
Notable guest speakers present inspirational and informative talks on their career or field of expertise. Students are invited to chat informally with the guest speaker where appropriate.
As well as regular Formal Dinners, the College hosts a number of special events for students. These include:
- Commencement Dinner
- Archbishop’s Dinner
- Academic Dinner
- Alumni Dinners
- Faculty Dinners
- Mother’s Day events
- Father’s Day event