Sancta offers an Associate Program for non-residents.
Sancta’s Associate members live outside the College, either at home or in alternative accommodation. The Associate Program allows members to still call Sancta ‘home’ during their days at university and benefit from many aspects of Sancta’s rich College life.
A Sancta Associate can share in meals, access the College tutorial and mentoring program, use the common areas for study and importantly develop a wide, supportive social circle and build professional connections with the Sancta alumni network.
Benefits of the Associate Program
- Attendance at weekly Formal Dinners
Two-course meal with the entire Sancta student body and staff leadership held on Monday evenings and featuring regular guest speakers.
- Participation in the Orientation Week Program
All Associates have access to Sancta’s O-Week social events and activities, making the adjustment to Uni life much easier.
First Year students who join the Associate Program also have access to four nights accommodation at Sancta during O-Week.
- Attendance at special College events
This includes traditional College celebrations throughout the year, as well as social, fundraising and community-building events organised by the Sancta Sophia Students Association and the College.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) provided in Sancta’s Dining Hall throughout semester
Breakfast is available from 6.30am – 9.30am; lunch is available from 12.00pm – 2.00pm; and dinner is served from 5.30pm – 7:30pm seven days per week. All meals are catered as a self-serve buffet, provided by our onsite professional caterers.
- Access to Sancta’s highly regarded Academic Mentoring program
This includes weekly tutorials for all faculties represented in the student body, as well as exclusive presentations and forums with industry leaders and academics. Associates also have access to an appointed student Academic Mentor who supports students with their studies and course progression.
- Participation in social sport and cultural activities
Sancta participates in various social sporting competitions as well as cultural competitions such as debating and improvisation tournaments.
- Access to College wi-fi and all common study areas
Associates can use our Library, music practice room, common areas, tutorial rooms and printers and are entitled to a locker onsite at Sancta.
- Discounted overnight stays at Sancta
Associates can occasionally stay at Sancta overnight in friends’ rooms at the cost of $15/night for a roll-away bed. Requests are subject to approval by the Vice Principal and permission is limited to one night per request.
- Paid gym membership to the University of Sydney Union and Sydney University Sport and Fitness (SUSF)
Full access to the fitness and sporting facilities of SUSF including gym/fitness centre, classes, basketball courts and more.
- Lifetime membership to the College Alumni Association
Associates become eligible after one full year as a College Associate.
Applications for the Associates Program are accepted throughout the year.
Associate Program Fees 2019
- General application fee: $150 (Non-refundable)
- Commitment bond on acceptance of offer: $200 (Refundable on final departure from College, subject to due notice being given and deduction of any outstanding fees, costs or charges. Not refundable if enrolment is not commenced).
First Year Undergraduate Associate Membership
$2,596.00 per semester, including onsite accommodation for 4 nights and all activities during O-Week.
Undergraduate Associate Membership
$2,362.20 per semester (includes $200 House Committee Fee)
Postgraduate Associate Membership
$2,362.20 per semester (includes $200 Senior Common Room Fee)
Recent Alumni Associate Membership
$2,362.20 per semester (includes $200 Fee for the House Committee or Senior Common Room; depending on whether you completed your time at Sancta as an Undergraduate or Postgraduate resident)
Should Associates take up a residential place at the College, the application and enrolment fees will be carried across.
Residents of other University of Sydney Residential Colleges are not eligible to apply for this program.